There are a few rules to follow to get the best use out of your candle.
- Trim the wick to 5mm before each burning. This should give a good flame height and melt pool whilst not burning the wax too quickly.
- Believe it or not wax has a memory, so when first lighting allowing a melt pool to form to each side of the container. This helps to avoid ‘tunneling’ and make your candle last longer. With my jar candles this will take 3-4 hrs.
- Always place a candle on a candle tray or container to protect your surfaces.
- Getting the most out of your scented candle does not mean you have to constantly burn it. If you have a good melt pool going you can extinguish the flame and the fragrance will still spread for some time and your candle with last longer.
- Snuff out a candle once you have finished using it. It avoids too much soot and smoke, the wick falling and wax blowing out of the container.